Tuesday, January 27, 2004

The truth is I miss going to school. This has been a year of leisure for me. While it's nice not to have any responsibilties the problem with too much leisure is it tends to make you lose purpose. Finishing up school was such a dreadful experience that I almost wanted to take 2 years off doing absolutely nothing. I have that list, but there isn't enough pressure on me to complete it. Right now I'm studying for GMAT and that's all I have on my plate for the moment. Beating anymore Ghosts & Goblins style games is off the list for now.

I miss having deadlines to make. I miss having projects to finish. Most of all, I miss being a part of the world. At the very least I would like to go back to school someday. Whatever career field I chose for myself the first time through certainly isn't working out now. Perhaps its time I turn my hobby of chemistry into a full fledged study. In time I might finally learn how to erase other people's faces with the power of calcium.

Either way, what I really want at the end of the day is an excuse to treat myself to a nice cold beer and a tasty cigar in celebration for a job well done. It has been a long while since I have had that experience. With any luck I will be able to have it again.