Saturday, January 10, 2004


click on picture for full size image


Not exactly what I would call "perfect" but I can't think of anything else I can do to this.

01. Build web server with John
02. Create new lay out for blog and other blogs
03. Create post about the wonders of drinking black lemonade (under construction as I type this all out)
04. Create MAME box of own design or install into a Street Fighter II arcade cabinet
05. Learn to how cook Agedashi Tofu for a pot luck
06. Steal Dan McCleary's fabled computer chair
07. Defeat "Ghosts and Goblins" on the NES.
08. Finish and perfect my upcomming zombie tribute to DeChirico
09. Rewatch all the good movies from the past 2 years with Sara when she returns.
10. Study for and pass the GMAT with flying colors
11. Obtain MCSE certification
12. Get a job.
13. Go hiking in Havasupai
14. Go back to school


Now about item number 7.

I finally approached the end of Ghosts and Goblins. Yes I was using an emulator and yes I was most certainly using save states. Without them, this game is pretty goddamn impossible. I'd hate to see the poor bastard who wasted his life savings in quarters on trying to beat this game when it was originally released for arcades.



Arthur's journey to Satan's mountain fortress was a test indeed. Fighting his way through a haunted forest, a city of the dead, a volcanic mountain, and now... the final fight with Satan himself.



The battle was surprisingly short, and as you can see in the screen shot, I was armed with a magic shield. Yes somehow your character starts to throw shields that are capable of destroying enemy projectiles. Satan was defeated, but almost immediately after his defeat a new screen popped up and while I don't have a screen shot, the text read something like this.



I'd like to take this time to say some "fuck you's" to certain people.

To the people involved in making Ghosts & Goblins, its sequels Ghouls&Ghosts and SUPER Ghouls & Ghosts... fuck you.

To the man who programmed the red demons who swoop at you and kill your ass like nothing... a big FUCK YOU!

To everyone right now who has had anything to do with Capcom for the past 20 years... fuck you.

By the end of this year I will beat this game, and I will post the winning screen. But until then, fuck you Capcom. Fuck you right in the ear.