Tuesday, January 20, 2004

BEATEN!

FOR REAL THIS TIME!


There. I finally did it. I beat the most wretchedly hard NES game to ever exist. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The kind of weight that is the equivalent of 4 Dodge Rams. Not 2 or 3, but 4!

This game can only be defeated by the sheer power of an unstoppable will (or a hell of a lot of "save-stating"). Mine was unstoppable. I would not rest until I defeated this game. Maybe now I can sleep a little easier knowing that I've overcome this great challenge in my life. Everything from here on out seems pretty much downhill. Get a job? Get married? Become rich and famous? None of those things can compare to the happiness that comes from defeating this god awful game.

Now onto the screenshots.



You just have to love the poor Japanese to English translation, or commonly referred to as "Engrish." Nothing makes me feel like I've achieved greatness like reading the word "Congraturation" on the screen. Even better than that is the encouragement to do this stupid crap all over again.



Yeah, I don't think so, Capcom. You can kiss my ass because I beat your worst. Unfortunately I'll probably spend the rest of my life trying to figure out what "Courageour" and "Strongth" mean. Other than that I don't know what else to say. I'm happy that this task of mine is finally done with.



Ah well, at least it was something that would cheer me up before I face the impending doom that is every new day of my life.

Now onto the list

01. Build web server with John
02. Create new lay out for blog and other blogs
03. Create post about the wonders of drinking black lemonade (under construction as I type this all out)
04. Create MAME box of own design.
05. Learn to how cook Agedashi Tofu for a pot luck
06. Sit in and use Dan McCleary's fabled computer chair
07. Defeat "Ghosts and Goblins" on the NES.
08. Finish and perfect my upcomming zombie tribute to DeChirico
09. Rewatch all the good movies from the past 2 years with Sara when she returns.
10. Study for and pass the GMAT with flying colors
11. Obtain MCSE certification
12. Get a job.
13. Go hiking in Havasupai
14. Go back to school


Ahh that feels better now. Still have 10 more things to do by the end of the year. I changed #6 because stealing is wrong. I'll feel almost as content just to sit in and use that chair. Also, I'm moving away from the arcade cabinet idea and instead want to make the mame "box" a portable device that can be plugged into any t.v. or monitor on the fly. If that's completed then making a docking station cabinet wouldn't be too far off the mark.