Tuesday, January 20, 2004

It's official, I can't sleep anymore.

After working out earlier in the evening with my friend, John, my physical self was completely worn out. Surely someone as tired as I was that evening would have no problems sleeping. 4 hours of restless sleep later I find myself wide awake and staring into this screen again. It's driving me crazy.

There's still the feeling that something inside me is eating away and as a result some how I lost 30 lbs. of my body mass in under 6 weeks. No matter what, that cannot be healthy. This prompted me to finally seek out a doctor to see if something is seriously wrong with me. While the doctor couldn't find any physical abnormalities such as enlarged lymph glands, tissue growth, or signs of other illness, it was suggested that a number of tests should be performed on me to see what could be the problem. One has to worry when a doctor recommends chest x-rays and kidney tests after they say in a worried voice "you lost a lot of weight"

I seem to startle and amaze doctors with something they really haven't come in contact with before. Shortly after dislocating my right shoulder at age 18, I attended physical therapy. Before the therapy sessions could start I had to get checked by an orthopedic doctor. Of course when he saw and felt how my right shoulder kept popping out of the socket all he could say was, "Hmmmm.... that's weird. Do that again." It's never a good sign when a doctor is weirded out by something you've shown him/her.

All I know for certain right now is that I can't sleep.