Monday, January 19, 2004

BEATEN

Well, at least one game so far


I've been having problems sleeping lately. It's never good when you know you close your eyes and go to sleep that you're going to have a nightmare. If anything that my dreams have taught me lately, that there are things in this world much worse than dying. Since I can't sleep anymore, I try to keep my insomniac brain occupied with useless tasks to help me forget whatever it is that's been keeping me up at nights. After waking up from a terrible nightmare and having to change my sheets because they're soaked with my own sweat, I figured it was time for me to beat either Ghosts & Goblins or Ghouls & Ghosts. I picked Ghouls & Ghosts since it's by far the easiest.

As stated before I managed to play the game through once, only to find out that you have to play it through again on a "second quest" to beat the game. Having acquired the Goddess bracelet and magic armor, I set Arthur off to fight Loki for the last time. It took a hell of a long time, but I managed to get back to the mountain fortress to fight that weird Moth/Wasp boss again.



As you can see, my little drawing posted below wasn't too far off. Easily defeated, I advanced to the final boss of the game, Loki.



Well he's big, red, and has a silly looking nose. Worse yet is that he's a total weakling against the sheer power of the Goddess Bracelet. All that is required to defeat him is to stand under his legs and fire upward into his face. All that terrible gut-wrenching hair pulling work for such little pay off. At least we can all be happy for Arthur who's efforts are not made in vain. His princess provides him with the necessary affection for his deeds.





Well that's it for Ghoul's & Ghosts. This mediocre achievement doesn't make very good reading material but what the hell. At least I got one of these god awful games defeated. Now if only I can do the same for Ghosts & Goblins. Stay tuned for tomorrow when I talk about my favorite Greek god, Hephaestus. Until then, I still say FUCK YOU to Capcom for making such mind bendingly hard games.



Well at least those two have a happy ending. As for me, I head off to the doctor to find out why I'm now 168 lbs. As with any medical problem it's probably just stress related, but you never know. To be honest I'm scared there could be something wrong with me.