Friday, February 13, 2004

Yes, you will need a magnifying glass for this.


Some of you may have learned that I have really tiny hand writing. For those of you who have only been exposed to my handwriting from letters I've written, then this will be a bit of a surprise for you. When I write letters, I purposefully write much larger than my normal handwriting so the reader of the letter can in fact actualy read the letter. Normally, I tend to write small enough to fit 3 lines of text per college rule. How did this come to be?

Around my sophomore year of college I began to be obsessed with fitting thing into boxes and other rectangular spaces. I was just getting into web-design and that should give anyone an understanding of how to fit things within boxes. When I take notes from a class, I usually take them verbatim from what the professor is saying. Doing this, I began to pick up speed in my writing... and as speed increased I found the need to write smaller so as to match that speed. The smaller the writing, the less amount of time it takes to write out a word. It got to the point where I was fitting 2 lines of text into each college rule, and by the end of my education at the University of Arizona it was 3 lines of text. Of course this is only possible with a REALLY fine tipped pen. The Pentel P-500 is my pen of choice.

You've read enough, now you get to see some samples. One is from an Introduction to Post-Modern Art class and the other is from an Introduction to Politics course. All 100 level courses that I had to cram in my schedule for my last semester just to graduate.