Saturday, February 14, 2004

Spending most of the day in the Hayden Library. Gonna learn me some new webdesign techniques. I managed to redesign JOEY'S SITE so it's not a total eye sore like it was before. I meant to make a huge Singles Awareness Day update for Chimera Eyes, but since I'm not home it's going to be a while before that goes up.

The hike was nice, and for the first time in 8 years I got to be on top of South Mountain. I see a lot of people making Valentine's Day style posts for their blogs. Some silly, some profound, some just poems stolen from someone else. Me, I'm not a poet and in fact I'm a bit of an uncharismatic bore. It seems that even the most profound statements out there about love can be broken down to these simple statements.

"Love is nice. I love someone very much. When they love me back, it makes me happy."

Add to that some descriptions about how an organ designed to pump blood is the source of all emotion. Balderdash! Everyone knows that true love can only come from the liver!

I've been alone every year on Valentine's Day for my entire life. This year is no different. ;) For a long time now I've been told "You'll find someone! I can't imagine someone like you being lonely for all this time!" Seems like I manage to prove them all wrong each and every year.

Rather than dwell on this fact, I'd rather spend the day conditioning my mind and my body. Despite losing tons of weight off my body, I'm still very out of shape. My mind has grown stale over the past few weeks. The mind needs to keep fresh with new ideas and challenges.

NOW IT'S TIME FOR AN APOLOGY

I'd like to take this time to formally apologize for posting a really nasty animated picture on Monday. Despite having complete control over the content of this site, I should consider those who read this page more than I have. I apologize to anyone I have offended. I promise you all that you will no longer see any animated images of women getting their eyeballs sliced open with razor blades, men cutting off their own tongues with a wakazashi, or anything remotely similar. If I do post such content, it will be linked and prefaced with a warning. Once again, I'm very sorry if I offended anyone. What I did was out of poor taste and that's why I replaced the image with one of Batman beating the living hell out of a shark eating his leg.