Thursday, September 18, 2003

Well, it was inevitable. Sooner or later I'd have to talk about this picture.



The red-head in that picture is Molly, the blonde is her (and my) friend, Allie. Molly and I have known each other for many years and are very close. Unfortunately the one word that can be used to describe the relationship we have is, "complicated." I need not go into details since the people who are actually reading this blog already know the whole story. Regardless of how things have turned out through the years, I still care a lot about her, and I hope she does the same for me.

SO, after a nice 2 year period of us not speaking to each other, things changed and it lead to a very fun get-together in San Diego a year ago. Since then Molly and I have kept in touch and every now and then I try to a picture of hers and doozy it up for her. First I want to say, this is odd. Why? Because photoshopping one of your romantic interests into a zombie brings up uneasy feelings, especially when you have to do an extensive amount of clone stamping to remove clothing (Clothing of course, gets in the way of laying down textures). It's much easier to photoshop someone you don't know or have had any "real" contact with into a zombie. Oh well... here I go.



This one was pretty simple, and looking back now of course it doesn't look all that great. Obvious I could've used higher resolution textures for the face and a little beefing up of the blood coming out of the eyes and mouth. Now, onto the "big" one.



As you can see, I took the original photo up there and tried to do something a little "big" with it. This was my first "big" project. Back in January, Allie was visiting Molly out in New York, so Molly asked me if I could photoshop something of them together. It took me 5 tries to get this picture to look as it does now. Each time I was avoiding what I knew was the only way to do the picture. Once again, clothes get in the way... so I had to either spend a ton of time clone stamping them out or I would reconstruct the bodies in the god awful program that is Poser. Well, I remade the bodies in Poser and tried to match the figures up the best I could with the original photograph. Next I cut and pasted the original faces on the poser bodies and tried to match them up just right. Next was to add detail, which in this case came from Giger and screen shots of Evil Dead 2. Add a little vivisection photo from Anatomica Encyclopedia and WAH LAH! Impressive shit that everyone loves.