Thursday, September 11, 2003

Okay, today I'm going to almost finish up with the "Kirbson" set. I think there's one more after this



Now this picture just pissed me off to no end. When I saw it, I said to myself "It's your job to make this woman ugly." Seriously, doesn't looking at that picture make you mad? Sure she's a very attractive girl, but with a picture like that... it's almost mocking whoever views it. It's hard to explain, but just on some primal level it made me angry. So I made this.



Ahhh that's better. When I showed this picture to the young lady, she was quite impressed and said it was the best one I ever did. It's somewhat smaller because at the time I was using a 15 inch flat panel monitor which had a maximum resolution of 1024x768. Not enough room to work with at that resolution so I cropped it down a bit. The skin texture was a beksinski painting, some of the bones and other features came from scans out of Encylcopedia Anatomica, but most of it was done by me taking the burn tool in photoshop and going over the face like an angry child with a black crayon.