Wednesday, May 19, 2004

PICTURE RESTORATION IN PHOTOSOHP

Quite often I do a lot of favors for folks who email me pictures and want me to alter them in Photoshop. Last month, an individual sent me an image of an old family photo and they wanted me to restore the image. The picture itself was badly damaged and even contained a few nasty creases and tears. However, it only took me an hour to finish the whole process. Sadly, I don't have the original file (must've deleted it by accident) so there's no way to compare that with the finished photo I'm about to show you.

This will also be a good opportunity to notice certain effects that photoshop creates. Look around the edges of the center of the image for a while and take notice of special blending techniques used to soften the edges of the clothes with the background wall.