Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Well, my shoulder no longer hurts.

Right now I'm thinking of what else to put up. While I have a whole ton of pictures I still haven't posted, I wanted to put up some of a series that I did that take not only some explaining but some uploading that I haven't done yet. Seeing as how I'm posting this from a computer not my own, I cannot do this now. But, my shoulder no longer hurts and this is good. For the first time in a long while, I failed at a photoshop. When the word "failure" comes up, it means that an attempt was made to take an image in my mind and make it into a 2 dimensional reality. Molly (you'll learn about her later for those who aren't in the know) asked me to photoshop a picture of her and her cat. She said she wanted her eyes to be empty, but have a full thrid eye in the center of her forehead. She also didn't want her cat to be horrifically zombitized. As for other requirements she desired a more "Dali" look. Unfortunately a figure that has 2 empty eyes and one full eye in the center isn't exactly Dali's style. I figured I'd do something similar to Barlowe's Inferno. Figures looking like they're made of cracked stone while having glowing sigils appear in front of their faces. Unfortunately I did not have the scans or textures to do this, and the book itself costs 25 bucks just for 24 some odd pages.

So to make a long story short, I tried and failed. The source image given to me was too dark and too grainy to do what I wanted to do with it. So it's back to the drawing board... or worse... I may have to use poser. I HATE poser. The man who designed the interface for that program should be slowly tortured by having his skin burned off with hot irons. But yes, I failed... and I hate failing.

So... I'll talk about some success I've had with face blending. You've already seen it before with the ebert picture below. Here's some pictures I did for a forum called NoCarlNo (don't ask). Here's the rundown, on this forum there's this whiney 16 year old MALE greaseball who has a very feminine appearance. The running joke is that other forumers will find pictures that look like this kid and challenge me to meld the faces. So here are some examples.

Here's the original picture.



Here's the ugly kid<== this is a link, click on it you jerk wads!

And here's the result



More later, stay tuned!