Sunday, August 24, 2003

I don't like volleyball, and my arm hurts like hell.

So today I thought I'd go play volleyball with my friends, which I guess is something they do every sunday. I haven't played volleyball since I was in the 5th grade, and tonight I was reminded why. While I was position near the net, I went to go spike the ball down on the opposing team's end of the court, only to find that an old shoulder injury of mine decided to come back to haunt me. It hasn't happened in quite some time, so long in fact that I thought the dislocating deal was finally stopped. Well not so. It's never fun having your shoulder slip out from underneath your collar bone. Never fun at all. So that happened and then I went for a little walk only to come back and play another game. Unfortunately by the end of the game my arm started to swell up and say "fuck you" to my brain every time I wanted to move it. Seeing as how I was the odd man out anyway, I sat out for the next two games. After just sitting around I realized that I should merely go home. I was already being the odd man out along with being a bump on a log and at that time I figured it was best to leave early. I would have plenty of time to go home to prepare to capture tonight's episode of Big O season 2 (great show, for all who don't know).

So to sum things up, I don't like volleyball. To me it's a really unfun silly game. A lot like ping pong only with more people, a higher net, and loads of sand that seems to get everywhere. Yes, much like Anakin Skywalker, I don't have much love for sand. Oh well, I still have Big O to watch so the evening isn't a total waste. Cheers.