Friday, August 08, 2003

Alright, I think after two days you's sick of seeing that woman's zombified face. So I'll continue on with "catching up to that image." Here we have Poser4.jpg, the last of the "Poser" series before I went off and started doing photographs.



With this I wanted to try something a little different. Before I was using Giger paintings for texture and this one was done using Beksinksi paintings. Unfortunately for the life of me I can't remember which ones. Done in the same style as the others only this time I added a background. Now this used to be a picture I was proud of for a while, until I realized I put WAY too much radial blur on it, and I forgot to save the damn thing as a .psd before closing photoshop. :( Looking back now, without that effect the picture would've looked tons better.

Now let's bring something to light, the use of filters in photoshop. Very rarely are filters really worth a damn. Most of the time they just look like a cheesy effect rather than anything you want to incorporate into making a decent image. Photoshop is a program that you can pretty much do anything with, sure it has its limitations. Other programs like "Painter" can create richer color tones, but for the most part, Photoshop is what you need to get the job done. Everyone who starts out using the program including myself starts toying around with filters. It's just the way you learn with it, then years later you start to go away from doing these things as you see the cheesy effects everywhere to personal web pages to poorly designed book covers. As for myself, I started shying away from obvious photoshop material and started to experiment, which is how I came to making zombies. In the latest picture that you see below this post, I didn't use a single filter effect. The image was constructed layer by layer, step by step. Now it's not perfect, and even though I said "it's done," it's not really done. I can look at at bunch of things in that picture and realize that I can make little details better if I just put the work into it.

Now after this post, I'm going to take a little break from showing you all zombies and start describing some of the more humorous images I've created in the past.