Monday, August 04, 2003

Hi everyone, welcome to Monday. Here's my latest creation.







It's not quite finished, there's some work that needs to be done on the lighting of the figure, but I'm almost there! Just the same old business. Find layers
for texture, slap them on and do some adjusting. Except this time I used pieces of a real skull and just some of my own photographs of tree roots in my backyard. The skin on the neck and shoulders is a picture of corroded metal. That's all nice, but I still haven't told all my story. After "Poser.jpg," that nice little red picture you've seen before, I made "Poser 2.jpg."



Yeah I know, I'm not good with names. I got a real kick out of making Poser.jpg so I thought I'd try to replicate the process. Something that had the same creepy giger texture but ended up creating a form of wicker man / swamp thing feel. So this time I decided to show a little more of the body. I tried to make the abdominal area look like some malformed hardshelled arthropod like body. Meh, I've always said this is my least favorite of my pictures.