Saturday, August 21, 2004

BLASPHEMY RELOADED

I've re-edited the picture below to create a more horrific and painful viewing experience. I figure this new version would go along with news that director Steven Spielberg is currently planning to make a new version of "The War of the Worlds(2005)." The budget so far is over 200 million dollars.

While a "War of the Worlds" movie would excite me, this movie will take place in modern times instead of the Victorian age setting of H.G. Wells' original novel. Worse yet, the films lead actor will be none other than L. Ron Hubbard's fluffer boy, Tom Cruise. Despite all that business, my biggest problem with this news happens to be the fact that a modernized version of War of the Worlds was made back in 1996. This new War of the Worlds movie might as well be called "Indepndence Day 2: The War of the Worlds."

Now on to the new picture. It took me a while to think of who to cast for my 2005 remake of Casablanca. Personally, I wanted Carl Weathers, Bill Duke, Jesse Ventura, and Richard Chavez be part of the supporting cast and make the story about them being hunted by a vicious alien in a jungle. Unfortunately that didn't fly by Mr. Bruckheimer, and instead he wanted a modernized version of Casblanca. By orders of Mr. Bruckheimer, this movie will have a snappy cast with stupid cool hip-hop style.