Sunday, July 18, 2004

TOO MUCH
 
A new week is upon us all, and this week is very special.  For the 8th time in a row I shall revisit the land of my birth and attend the ever wonderful San Diego Comic-Con International. There's no bullshit to be found in the events advertised claim of being the world's largest comic convention.

During last year's convention, my colleagues and I found ourselves extremely worn out and tired after walking the San Diego Convention Center's floor. We knew that the convention center's second wing had just completed construction and was open to be used by the convention. What we didn't know was that with the addition of this second wing, the convention center measured out to be a full half-mile in length. Within a given day each of us who went to convention must have walked up and down that building at least five or six times. All that walking made a lot of feet and legs cranky.

My calves filed a complaint to my brain which read as follows:

Dear Brain,



Stop making me move.

Yours truly,



The calves

PS - The feet hate you.


The pain is always worth the experience and I can't wait to go back.