Thursday, December 02, 2004

KING OF THE IRON FIST

Often times I wonder which will break first... the object in front of me or my fist.

To my surprise my fist has yet to lose this competition.

Frustration can be an amazing source of power. Like a martial arts expert who smashes 8 bricks with his bare hands... frustration can do the same without the intense focus. When the internal pressue of the mind and body become too great, a sudden and violent relese can occur. A quick sudden burst of rage will shatter an object.

A simple recollection of physics will remind most that momentum is the product of mass and velocity. An impact from a feather can be just as deadly as an impact from a speeding bullet if the feather was moving at the right velocity.

A collision between two objects causes a conservation of momentum. The momentum of two objects is the same as the momentum of the objects after the collision. This occurs at the precise moment when both objects collide with each other. The moment of impact is the moment when the object in front of me breaks. When he rage is released and my fist is pulled back, the glass in front of me is shattered. It just happened a second ago all in a blink of an eye.