Monday, October 25, 2004

Oh yeah, that's right... I have a blog.

I've decided that I hate computers. Working a job that requires me to stare into a monitor for more than 8 hours in a day has destroyed all the love I've ever had for these examples of high tech sorcery.

Reasons why I have to leave Phoenix

1. I can't be a bitter alcoholic

Working a shitty job well into the night makes me want to drown my sorrows with copious amounts of alcohol. After work I go out searching for a place that's still open. During the weekends all that's open are the annoyingly loud bar/clubs of Mill Ave. and maybe the bar at a local Chilis. I can't be a bitter drunk while god awful hip-hop is playing at decibels far beyond the threshold of pain.

2. I hate driving around everywhere

My car is reaching the end of its existence. Having to drive around at least half an hour to get anywhere in this city is starting to cheese me off. I really need to move to a city with a good public transportation system, especially one with a metro. I love trains, and I love being taken places instead of having to drive around all the goddamn time.

3. This city has no color

Living in a desert for nearly 10 years will make anyone miss the color green. If it weren't for the massive urban sprawl, I'd say I was living on Arrakis.